Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The big 2-0

Today is my 20th birthday!! I'd like to dedicate this post to Beyonce, my birthday twin. Ugh, to think that I'm not a teenager anymore is weird, but since I never really got used to 19... Yeah, 20 is kind of terrifying. Can't I just be a teenager and stay irresponsible?

I feel pretty bad about letting my blog fall to the wayside, but tbh I guess I just haven' been sure about what to write about lately. Because school is school (and poll sci classes mean more reading than I can handle), I haven't had a ton of time for personal projects as of late. But since it's my birthday, I feel like I should be able to take a little while off and make a post about where I am and what I've been doing since the end of the summer.

I like to go onto Lookbook.nu and find people to draw when I'm in a rut. 



(The two collages above were inspired by Randy Grskovic)

I've been trying to do more journaling, which isn't really new in itself (I am a serial journal-keeper and journal-dropper), but with some things going on with me right now I just find it helpful to be able to write things down there without fear of judgement from my friends or the internet. I feel like I censor myself a lot; with my friends, family, and myself. And sometimes it's smart (not ragging on a friend's boyfriend) and sometimes it's stupid (not talking about issues with my boyfriend and resulting in a large fight). In any case, I appreciate the outlet, even though my creative output isn't as much I was hoping for this year.

My progress so far. I still have plans for an X-Files patch somewhere. 

(A glimpse of the pattern underneath)

I've also had a little sewing project going on the side; this is an old messenger bag that I got from an art school visit (what up Ringling!) that I decided to refurbish with some fabric because the original bag pattern wasn't much to my liking. Well, that and the fact that it also had a ton of marker stains on it from where it had been run over in the street (Don't ask). It isn't elaborate by any means, but it's something to do and I think it's a decent sewing intro, so there's that.

Other than these things, I don't have much going on besides classes and homework. My boyfriend will be visiting on Friday for the weekend, and my improv group's first show will also be this weekend... Gosh, if I'm going to talk about anything new in my life all I have going for me is a new haircut (I lost at least three inches, but it's still below my shoulders. I'll probably go to the salon sometime in the future to finish it off).

Do you have anything you're looking forward to? Anything you're working on?

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment